Haiti Preparations

Isabelle selling cards & snacks at a garage sale the weekend before our trip to raise more money.

Our trip to Haiti is less than 24 hours from departing & the preparations are just about complete. We have waited almost 2 years for this day to come! Our God, however, has been planning this for some time! We wanted to share some amazing highlights of what God has done in the last 30 days:

**Isabelle has finished raising her second $5000! In the last 30 days, God has miraculously provided $1803 to complete the funding. (Many amazing stories here!)

**Getting anti-malaria medication for a 7 1/2 yr old is NOT easy. I finally stopped at a local Pharmacy. The Pharmacist, after hearing our story, donated our meds for the trip & made a donation to help her build more homes. This Pharmacist didn't know us, but he has a huge heart & God was already preparing him for our arrival!

**Isabelle made new friends with 2 sisters who are extremely passionate about orphans. In fact, they were so pumped about what Isabelle was doing, they asked their mom if they could help her make cards. We are so excited to get to know them more! GOD IS AWESOME!!!

**Daily, we are having conversations about orphans, Haiti, & Isabelle's work. These conversations are literally falling in our lap as we are doing normal life. I was at Wal-mart getting supplies for our trip & couldn't find something, so I asked this young girl in the aisle if I could ask her a question. She said "that's funny, I was going to ask you a question." We asked each other our questions & then she asked why I was looking for the item - I non-chalantly said we were travelling to Haiti. After picking her jaw off the floor she said "Me too!" She is going with her church in July for 2 weeks to work at an orphange. RANDOM??? I think not! (That's just one of the 30+ stories we have from the last 30 days!

These are our amazing dentists & hygenist who take care of our family so well. Without our knowledge, they surprised us with toothbrushes & toothpaste to take on our trip!

These are the amazing bears that 2 area girl scout troops & 1 boy scout troop used their cookie sales money to build. We have 3 HUGE duffels packed with the bears. We cannot wait to hand these out. These bears are making a very special journey - each of you who created these will be blessing the lives of the sweet children in Haiti.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Orphans

1st Annual GO Project Run/Walk

World Mandate 2012